Conscious Dances in Ashland are all a little bit different and a little bit the same. Each facilitator brings their heart and creativity to the dance, their tastes in music, and their particular nuances of how they hold space.
You can generally expect at most dances:
- Slower down tempo music at the beginning to drop in and connect to oneself, to warm up and get present.
- Some people dancing upright, some people rolling around on the floor, some people witnessing, some people dancing solo, some people dancing together.
- Some kind of opening circle or warm-up about 20 minutes to 30 minutes into the dance.
- No particular expectation about how your dance should look. People expressing themselves in all kinds of embodied ways.
- Dimmed lights at the night dances.
- Snacks at most dances.
- Some kind of build in energy or momentum towards the middle of the dance.
- Time at the end of the dance to share and harvest verbally in community or to simply sit in silence together
- Check in with facilitators after the dance ends with any questions, concerns or suggestions